skip to content »

www.gazetaperekrestok.ru

In rowupdating event

in rowupdating event-35

When I Filter the data using dropdown selected Index Changed event the gridview shall load data based on what is searched.I need to do the updating operation on what row is clicked.

If the values are alternated in the dictionary they are applied to the grid. The hashtable consists of the new values to be set on the row cells. That probably needs to be linked into the Object Data Source along my Get Products, as well as the Add Products, and Delete Product methods. Problem is, I don't have the time at the moment yet. And back to my original question, how to I get the new value? I have a gridview, go into edit mode, enter a value in a textbox, then click update. I do have a Update Products method in my business logic class which is ties into the data class. Once I got that in place, the dropdownlist populated. I haven't had many problems with gridview, but this one has thrown me. Enabled = allow Admin Edit End If Dim price As Text Box = CType(e. Read Only = Not allow Admin Edit End If //some more columns enabled/disabled too End If 0 Then Return If e. On the Gridview Row Updating event, I try to retrieve the value, but I'm getting the value 15. Because I just bound only the Get Products method resultset to the Grid View, it doesn't have the mechanism to handle Updates. But I tried to recreate everything at home, but I missed methods in my DAL class. Find Control("list Box Product"), List Box) If Not ddl Is Nothing Then ddl. Controls(0), Text Box) If Not price Is Nothing Then price. After I click the update button, I change the value to 150. My gridview is not bound to a Sql Datasource or Object Datasource. Thanks The currency manager is in Windows Forms programming. My hunch is that the Sql Data Source and Object Data Source has provisions to tie into an update method/stored procedure. If you do this, your Grid View's source will be refreshed before you're able to grab the new values out of it.

I'm having a very hard time understand what would prevent your event from being fired.

I've deleted the datasource and gridview and started again from scratch, but I still get the same problem.

I must be missing something here, but I can't figure out what it is. Hi, I've have this problem before, the only solution i've found is to use only one templatefield with divs with fix width to simulate columns, and use only one Edit Item Template. In there, I enable and disable fields based on access levels etc...

I'm in a similar boat...almost the same conditions. NET 1.1 that the datagrid had something called a Currency Manager...it looks like the object still exists in 2.0.

This is all started from the Data Tutorial series found on the website. tabid=63 Maybe I should look into using the Get Products method with an Object Data Source and see how that works. Now I can get the Bound Field newvalues with no problem in the Row Updating event.

What happens with this is that the source is being created every time the user submits the page.